Photo

Private Lambeau Field Tour

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JWonder

JWonder

Chubb Rock

• Admins
  • 35,846 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:18 PM

So a friend of mine's girlfriend knows some dude who works at Lambeau Field, and once a year, the employees get to give self-guided tours. I've been on the public tour several times, and while it's cool, this one went places that the public one doesn't get anywhere near. The locker rooms, the physical therapy rooms, classrooms, the press box, etc. It was pretty sweet, and I took pictures.

So I got a late start up to Lambeau. I had to wait for the father in law, and then, we were speeding and I of course got pulled over. Only a written warning :lol:.

The tour had to be held up for like 10 minutes for us (it was only like 12 people on it). We walked in through the indoor private parking area where only 3 people get to park. Ted Thompson (general manager), Mike McCarthy (head coach), and yes, Brett Favre. There were two nearly identical Cadillac Escalades parked in this area, as Thompson and McCarthy are there working on draft stuff.

Once we joined the tour, I stepped up to the podium in the media room and proclaimed my dumbassery, having delayed the tour.

Posted Image

From the media room, we headed straight out the tunnel where the Packers come out onto the field.

Posted Image

This plaque hangs on the wall right before you hit the field, above a strip of concrete that is left from the original Lambeau Field, before it was renovated.

Posted Image

This is what the players see as they run out. There are usually more people in the stands. :)

Posted Image

After messing around on the field and attempting some Lambeau Leaps (those walls are like 7' high), we came back to see the locker room and stuff.

Posted Image

A certain future hall of fame quarterback's locker is still there, right to the left of the door as you walk in. The guy giving the tour said they're thinking of leaving it there for good.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am a nub.

Posted Image

After the locker room, we went past the shower area and the hot tub rooms (there are some big ass spas installed in there), and also some infinite pool swimming facilities. This took us to the training room.

Posted Image

This was in the training room, and I laughed, and instantly thought of Jaycurl and the grammar police, so I got a photo of it.

Posted Image

Some leg machine they have for therapy. I guess it does some form of compression treatment.

Posted Image

In the training room is a wall that has all the players from the Packers ever to make it to the Pro Bowl, and also, a ton of footballs in boxes. I think they're balls from each Pro Bowl, but I'm not sure.

Posted Image

On the opposite side of the training room is an AFC and NFC board on the wall, each with the teams and divisions (represented with... license plates), and the records of each team.

Posted Image

On the way out, outside the head athletic trainer's office, there were full sheets of each year's team cards from 1991 on, hanging on the wall in frames, every single one of them autographed. It was pretty sweet.

On the other side of the training rooms were the classrooms and three auditoriums. Offense, Defense, and the full team room.

This room was the defensive line's classroom. There were remnants of plays on the whiteboards in all of these rooms, but they had largely been erased.

Posted Image

Through the main full team auditorium we were led into an indoor basketball court. Apparently, when they're not playing basketball in it, they often will arrange a bunch of rubbermaid trash cans (not pictured) on the floor and walk through a bunch of plays.

Posted Image

Next to the basketball court there were 2 racquetball courts. But inbetween these two rooms was a small barber's room that had a couple of chairs in it. Note the Packers crock pot in the background. :lol:

Posted Image

In racquetball room #2, Ted Thompson has taken it over and installed a golf simulator so he could practice. This pic was taken through the small window in the door, which is why you see someone kinda hovering there.

Posted Image

Finally after all of this, we went upstairs, through the Atrium and all the stuff you can get to when you're at a game, to the press boxes and the luxury boxes. This is what the field looks like from an indoor luxury box.

Posted Image

FINALLY, unlike most NFL stadiums (and most major sports complexes for that matter), Lambeau Field is literally in the middle of a few neighborhoods. Right across the street are normal houses and yards. The vast majority of these houses offer up parking in their yards and stuff on game day, and for some of the, more extreme lengths are even taken. Some of them have been purchased and literally renovated into "party houses", where nobody lives, but they're rented out 10 times a year on game days. I grabbed a pic of one of the more cool looking ones from way up high on the press level of the concourse. :lol: It's hard to tell, but in the center of their back yard, that's a Green Bay "G" logo made out of cement. Also, impossible to see in the pics, all the windows of the house have that logo sandblasted into them. :o

Posted Image

Hope you enjoyed the pictures. I've been to many games at Lambeau Field, and I've been to the hall of fame there and on the tour a few times, but this was way cooler. To hear the personal anecdotes from this guy and his interaction with the players and staff was awesome. Apparently Brett Favre sent him to get stuff like chew and water softener salt for him, since it was pretty hard for him to go out and get it himself in peace. I guess Brett never had any money on him, but they'd trade, and he'd sign whatever he wanted. Brett would say "you can take that home and sell it for $500 if you want!" and they'd laugh. Sounds pretty cool. He also said that the last thing he said to him was they were joking around, and Favre was like "I hope the next QB you get is some asshole like Michael Vick, and you gotta deal with some truck with spinner rims and gold chains and a bunch of bullshit like that. THEN you'll miss my normal truck and my camo." Sounds pretty funny. He said he was a normal guy.

Anwyay, that's it! :D

Edited by JWonder, 05 April 2008 - 06:26 PM.

"That's my MOM dicknuts!"

-Stretch

#2 OFFLINE   Hawker

Hawker

Pretty shit pretty snap

• Members
  • 4,732 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:31 PM

That's so awesome. I'd love to go on a tour of Qwest like that. I wonder if they have a basketball court there.
Seattle Spartans: Beating people with our flag poles since July '09

#3 OFFLINE   Schloads

Schloads

Dhalsim

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:55 PM

Thanks for the invite asshole.
Posted Image

"Excuse JW, he knows not what he says. See, he has been bent over the back of Richard Simmons so long that you can't tell where he begins and Richard ends!" - JAMO

#4 OFFLINE   SG Jedi

SG Jedi

Lara Croft

• Members
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:02 PM

Thanks for the invite asshole.

Yeah, jerk. We're Wisconsinites too. :lol:

I wish I could do something like that, sounds really cool.

#5 OFFLINE   mystrymasters

mystrymasters

Walt Grace

• Members
  • 16,227 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:37 PM

I have to just say after reading that I told the story to my wife and she took what was a great story and ruined it. She was upset at the audacity of brett thinking he was brett and didn't have to carry money. She actually has me a little pissed off at her right there and I am not even a Packer fan.

That is great stuff JDub very jelous that you got that kind of tour in a landmark like that.
MystryMasters
ExtendedPints.com

#6 OFFLINE   JWonder

JWonder

Chubb Rock

• Admins
  • 35,846 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:47 PM

I think the point of Brett never having any money was just that he never happened to have any. Not that he felt he was too good to have to pay for anything. :dunno: He also apparently wasn't the only player to have people run errands like that.

As for an invite, it was through a friend of a friend. In no position to invite, really.

Edited by JWonder, 05 April 2008 - 08:49 PM.

-Stretch

#7 OFFLINE   SG Tactr

SG Tactr

Zima FTW!

• Banned
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:50 PM

Hella cool.

#8 OFFLINE   mystrymasters

mystrymasters

Walt Grace

• Members
  • 16,227 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:44 PM

I think the point of Brett never having any money was just that he never happened to have any. Not that he felt he was too good to have to pay for anything. :dunno: He also apparently wasn't the only player to have people run errands like that.

As for an invite, it was through a friend of a friend. In no position to invite, really.

I know that - which is why I got pissed at her -Brett doesn't strike me as a holier then thou
MystryMasters
ExtendedPints.com

#9 OFFLINE   Asscharles

Asscharles

Caught Red Handed!

• Members
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:31 PM

A written warning ? Brett Favre's locker ? A gym that once housed rubbermaid trash cans ?! Does your luck ever run out ?!
EFF THE GOPHERS !! *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP* !!

#10 OFFLINE   Draven

Draven

Poster Venti

• Members
  • 9,849 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:04 PM

That's awesome! :D I bet you had a blast. I got to tour Raymond James Stadium once (Bucs) shortly after it was built. It meant a lot to me as a fan. :)

I'm always naked on the inside.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
LedSlingers
Steam: Hutchanaut

#11 OFFLINE   JWonder

JWonder

Chubb Rock

• Admins
  • 35,846 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:12 AM

A written warning ? Brett Favre's locker ? A gym that once housed rubbermaid trash cans ?! Does your luck ever run out ?!

No, and it was the definitely seeing the Packers crock pot in the barber's room that really made my day. I mean, it's conceivable those guys are getting little meat balls or cocktail weenies while they're getting their hair cut. All for FREE! :o

I know that - which is why I got pissed at her -Brett doesn't strike me as a holier then thou

Yeah, the guy definitely said that's not how he was.

Edited by JWonder, 06 April 2008 - 08:15 AM.

-Stretch

#12 OFFLINE   ColdSteel1028

ColdSteel1028

Old Chub™

• MOD Team
  • 14,861 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:34 AM

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

I got to do a similar mini-tour of Soldier Field last year during a convention for work. Quick tour of the locker rooms and walk on the field. Highlight was a pick with Da Coach that now hangs in my office.

Was it just me or did you feel a bit like a Liliputian in the training room? I sat up on the table and felt so extremely small, depsite being 6' and 225 :lol:

http://gamercards.exophase.com/psn/user/ColdSteel1028/'>535542.png

SGHL - Multiple ScorgasmsSGHFL - Ventura BruteShotSGHFL2 - Pittsburgh ProphetsSGCL4 - Army of DarknessSGCFL - Windy City Hustlers

#13 OFFLINE   Boonewhacker

Boonewhacker

Poster Grande

• Members
  • 13,446 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:17 PM

Very cool!

Posted Image

CoD2 League Runner-up - Boone, Thon, Codered

Captain America is NOT dead.

Seinfeld quote - "It must take a really big zit to kill a man."

#14 OFFLINE   JWonder

JWonder

Chubb Rock

• Admins
  • 35,846 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:08 AM

Was it just me or did you feel a bit like a Liliputian in the training room? I sat up on the table and felt so extremely small, depsite being 6' and 225 :lol:

We weren't supposed to touch most things. I couldn't believe the level of security around there. It was truly worthy of some sort of secret government office. The guy had a key card to get into EVERYTHING, and there were those little camera orbs EVERYWHERE. He said that in the guard's quarters, every time he scanned his card, an update would flash to them as to exactly where he was, and they could instantly pick up the camera feed to see what he was doing if he wanted. I was afraid to hop up onto a training table I guess. (But yes... they were pretty large).

-Stretch

#15 OFFLINE   SG Jester

SG Jester

Luigi

• Members
  • 5,568 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:32 AM

Awesome. Did you get the urge to get in the middle of the locker room and give a "Rudy" type speech? :lol:

Thanks for sharing!!!

#16 OFFLINE   JWonder

JWonder

Chubb Rock

• Admins
  • 35,846 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:35 AM

Awesome. Did you get the urge to get in the middle of the locker room and give a "Rudy" type speech? :lol:

I did wander out to that point, but I was all "speeched out" from my intial speech at the media podium. The mics were ON at the podium, too! :lol:

-Stretch

#17 OFFLINE   SG Steelhead

SG Steelhead

Tat2dTrash

• MOD Team
  • 37,588 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:36 AM

Good stuff, Jdub!
My 360voice Blog

#18 OFFLINE   SG Noodles

SG Noodles

SG Glass Joe

• Site Supporters
  • 39,293 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:40 AM

All of the sudden I hate JDub... I am soo jealous... I just want to cry!! :(

Great pics though JDub, looks awesome and I am truly jealous... I miss Favre and hope that the next Packers QB does them proud!

NextLevel360 - 1976 - 2008 - Always a lap ahead, Casey!

Not Good 10 Feb 1967 - 14 Mar 2012 - We'll miss you, VJ!
Goobacks 15 Feb 1967 - 09 Sep 2012 - Honored to have known you, Mike!

535623.png

#19 OFFLINE   Jaleeb Caru

Jaleeb Caru

dead

• Site Supporters
  • 15,059 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:55 AM

I'm not quite sure what a FEWT-BAWL is but it looks like a fun time indeed!

Posted Image
FaceBooks are for LOSERS!
Shirts are for LOSERS!
Blogs are for LOSERS!

SGL's: Witch's Titty / Pittsburgh Prophet / M.G.A. / VOLKS © / The B.Rthurs ©
SGPCA's: 2007 Funniest SGer, 2008 Funniest SGer, 2009 Funny Person, 2010 Comedic Genius

#20 OFFLINE   JWonder

JWonder

Chubb Rock

• Admins
  • 35,846 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:58 AM

:lol:

There wasn't an echo in there though. I bet it maybe held 75 media members or something.

-Stretch

#21 OFFLINE   A G00D TIME

A G00D TIME

FNG

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:41 AM

You know, I was in that part of WI this weekend too. Couldn't hook a brotha up?

Edited by A G00D TIME, 07 April 2008 - 08:42 AM.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

#22 OFFLINE   JWonder

JWonder

Chubb Rock

• Admins
  • 35,846 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:21 AM

Not when brothas don't tell me they were in the STATE until after the fact. Definitely not in that case. :no: :non: :NEIN!:

-Stretch

#23 OFFLINE   Asscharles

Asscharles

Caught Red Handed!

• Members
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:39 AM

OOoh huhhuhhoooh... busted
EFF THE GOPHERS !! *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP* !!